Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

where to buy a lizard fish?

lizardfish

I hate catching those things when fishing. They're heavy but they're so streamlined the can't put up a fight. It's like reeling in a log with teeth that steals your bait.

any type but the red looks awesome and is small i think. (but more brown than the type in the pick that one is beautiful)

i live in Florida near Sebastian inlet and i know there there but have no idea to catch them and not the mud skippers

they are sooo cool! idk were to get one tho... or is there a fish like it? i googled it but no one sells live ones... please help.

I caught one in Wilmington NC last time I went fishing. I used it for bait. You can tell local fisherman that you'll pay them money for a live one...

I caught one in Wilmington NC last time I went fishing. I used it for bait. You can tell local fisherman that you'll pay them money for a live one...
When were you in Wilmington?

Hell, most local fisherman would pay YOU to take one out of the ocean!

?? lizardfish? fight?lol....they must be a different species then we get down here. pole fish those guys....how big are they by you?

Find a retailer who deals with Fish Heads Inc. and you can get a red lizardfish by special order.Fintastic aquariums in jensen beach about an hour south of you should work.

While they aren't really similar, The banded blenny (paraclinus sp.) and its cousins have somewhat similar features, and stay smaller. They aren't skiddish, but they are naturally reclusive if that makes sense. Better for a nano tank, they have the upturned mouth and hide but are nano tank sized. I think the red lizardfish still gets to 5 inches. Hides in holes around rocks though not in the sand.

Sand Divers are the species of lizardfish in your backyard.

Archived