ReefCleaners.org

PH additives

saxoakos

Hey,

My PH level is 7.8 it should be sit somewhere between 8.15 - 8.4 should i get some additives to raise my PH? Or just leave it like this?

callmesaul8889
Hey,

My PH level is 7.8 it should be sit somewhere between 8.15 - 8.4 should i get some additives to raise my PH? Or just leave it like this?

from everything i've read, having a steady PH is most important. My PH has constantly been between 7.8 and 8.0 from morning to night, and I've had good results. If you wanted to raise it, you would want to do it slowly, and best to use a buffer system that will keep other levels in check as well. of course this is just my opinion. others can chime in.

from everything i've read, having a steady PH is most important. My PH has constantly been between 7.8 and 8.0 from morning to night, and I've had good results. If you wanted to raise it, you would want to do it slowly, and best to use a buffer system that will keep other levels in check as well. of course this is just my opinion. others can chime in.

So 7.8 or 8.0 is enough for fish and corals? What do you get from PH? What is it do to corals and fish?

callmesaul8889
So 7.8 or 8.0 is enough for fish and corals? What do you get from PH? What is it do to corals and fish?

ok busting out the chemistry here. PH is a measure of how acidic the water in in the tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH

read.

natural sea water is ~8.0 to 8.4 so naturally we would want to keep it within that range. for a home aquarium, 7.8 - 8.4 is acceptable. I can't emphasize engough that having PH 7.8 is not a bad thing. Also, changing the PH too quickly is wayyyy more stressful and dangerous than having a low PH to begin with. Do you have a new tank? what are your other parameters?

edit

here's what I was looking for

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

Also what time of day are you checking? Ph rises during the day and lowers during the night. So just before lights out you would get a higher reading than you would first thing in the morning.

Hi

I check my parameters at the morning but as i seen my parameters are ok and in accepteble level :) but thanks for the help

Archived