ReefCleaners.org

Counter Surfing Memorial Thread

anemone fan

What jumped?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What group of fish jumped out of your tank?

• Clowns
    • Wrasses
    • Angels
    • Butterflies
    • Gobies
    • Blennies
    • Damsels
    • Tangs
    • Groupers
    • Lionfish
    • Frogfish
    • Jawfish
    • Other (Tell Me What I'm Missing)

RIP Golden Dwarf Eel 02/15/2010 - 12/10/2010. He found the smallest gap in my screen top.

Glad I did not pay $300 for you.

I will not be buying another one. It's a shame that such a beautiful creature died on my carpet floor.

• 5 weeks later...
irondragon013

I lost one of my clown fish the other night. I was planning to pick up a cover the next day and I did. I only had the pair for 24 hours. No more topless tanks for me. I have a theory that shallower tanks such as my 20L are more likely to have fish jump.

Green citron goby. Was in the tank yesterday for three hours before my lawnmower blenny chased him to his doom

• 4 weeks later...
Not a fish, nor saltwater. But my amano shrimp decided to walk right of his tank to his death. Found him 2 days later under my desk and 5' away from where he was SUPPOSED to reside. :angry:

Alas, we have lost our beloved mosquito (aka rhino) shrimp today. His adventure from tank to countertop was short, but deadly. Goodbye, "Pinocchio". You will always be in our hearts, you big-nosed doofus. :(

• 1 month later...

I lost a beautiful yellow/red dwarf lion and a scorpion to carpet surfing. Long story short, I now have a mesh top over my 70g. :ninja:

black and white "darwin" ocellaris. found him on top of the neighboring tank at lights on.

covered tank with a 2x2 hole for the return and he found his way through it. now the remaining darwin is pairing with a onyx percula. still acting very odd, hardly eats sense the loss of its buddy.

My Black O. clown has a tendency to.."thrash" in his sleep, hitting the lid of the tank. Luckily, I was awake at 2:30 in the morning heard the normal thud then an unusual thunk and splat. When I tossed him back in the tank he had dog fur stuck to him on both sides -.- pulled through just fine though. After that I covered the two inch hole and he is trying to convince the female to sleep in a new spot in the tank.

Archived