ReefCleaners.org

do you dosing ALK for your nano?

JakeF150

My AKH always right at 7.8...Mag approx 1300, cal 460..

I just wonder do you ever dose akh for your nano everyday ?

I have LPS, softies, zoas and only 4 SPS (birdnests, monti) .

I m not sure if i should buy ESV bi part #2 akh...

Thanks!

Jake

It depends on your salt mix and how often you do water changes. If you have a lot of hard corals then you may need to use a two part. Test your newly mixed water before the change to see what your alk is at. If its low you may want to change brands.

i change water every Saturday.

My salt mix is Red Max Sea PRO.. Cal 460, Ph 8.2 but ALK always right at 6/7 its a bit low..i want to steady at 9 ALK..

I have 3 birdnest and orange monti, softies, zoas.

thanks

jake

i change water every Saturday.

My salt mix is Red Max Sea PRO.. Cal 460, Ph 8.2 but ALK always right at 6/7 its a bit low..i want to steady at 9 ALK..

I have 3 birdnest and orange monti, softies, zoas.

thanks

jake

How are your corals looking? Are your alk levels consistently 6-7 throughout the week? Are you getting any coralline algae? I like to keep my alk 7-8. If it's at 6, I would consider doing a little dosing. Just test often and make sure your test kit isn't too old. I just replaced my api alk test ket and now my readings are at least 1dkh higher than my old kit. I am using the red sea coral pro salt too and I have to dose everyday.

I tend to be lazy on water changes, and found using a two part helps keep alk and calc elevated a bit. Even though I gave away all my SPS it does seem to help with LPS. I try to keep my alk between 8-9. Without a reactor it's just not stable trying to keep it any higher.

Archived