Pod Your Reef

are T5 enough for 15g ?

Surgeon

I'm planning to get a 15g 12" deep reef.

are 2x T5 24" (1 actinic + 1 10 000K) enough for the majority of corals ??

thanks for the answers.

Surgeon :)

Hi,

Just noticed you're in Quebec ... where did you find reflectors and bulbs? I'm thinking of switching from PC when I get around to building a hood, but couldn't find a Canadian source for small t5s.

Thanks!

I use T5 lighting

The White T5 tube is going to be much brighter than the Actinic so if you place them laterally you will have a darker half to the tank. Other than that with the depth of water you have you will be able to keep soft corals. I would double ( at least ) the number of T5 tubes for stony corals.

ok...

Paulc: so maybe I will try 3 T5 24" (1 actinic between 2 10 000k), that could be fine.

masoch: I will buy my T5 at www.reefsolution.com, a guy who lives in Laval and knows everything about reef aquariums...

his site is in french and english, but I have never looked at the english part.

the site is in construction, so you must call him or email him to know what he really can get you... I'm not even sure if he has 24" 10 000k, but he has actinic for sure and I'm just planning my nano, so I guess he will have them later.

the prices are REALLY good. he gots everything, good prices and quality.

chirurgien

:)

c'est bon ca. c'est un avantage que de parler une autre langue...

alors tu devais aller voir le site en francais, parce qu'en anglais il est pas génial pour le moment (j'ai été jeté un coup d'oeil)

j'espere que tu gardes un bon souvenir du québec.

c'est un bon site, il est tres bien.

a la prochaine

chirurgien

Hi Surgeon

That sounds good to me...you'll not regret it. I know T5 lighting isn't cheap in the UK so it's probably not cheap in Canada but you will like the excellent results. By the way the output is quite directional so you'll get the same ripple effect that you see with MH lighting :)

Also if you link the actinic to a separate ballast you will have an excellent moonlight.

Good luck

Archived