SaltCritters.com

EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10w ES

camaroracer214

camaroracer214

EcoTech-Marine-VorTech-MP10-300x200.jpg

I recently got the chance to review the VorTech MP10w ES on my blog and I wanted to share my experience. I know they've been out for a while, but I finally got my hands on one and thought I'd share my thoughts.

I tested this pump out on my four foot long, 80-gallon tank. Even though the tank was way oversized for this pump, it still managed to make some waves and move some water at the opposite end. Noise wasn't a big issue with other equipment running (it absolutely cannot be heard over the protein skimmer). But with all of the equipment besides the MP10 turned off, the noise is quite noticeable. I will point out that due to the tank's thickness, I was unable to use the rubber spacer, which would absorb some of the vibration. This could contribute a little to the noise.

The new EcoSmart controller was easy to use once I got the hang of it, and it feels really well built. The buttons appear to be water proof, or at the very least water resistant, but I refuse to test those limits =). Using the controller for the first time will require that you thumb through the manual, but after you get used to it the button layout and features make a lot of sense. Another good thing about this particular model is the wireless capabilities. These pumps can talk to each other, as master and slave for example. The slave pump will flow opposite of the master pump`

Verdict: I would certainly recommend this pump to anyone who had a smaller setup. This pump would be perfect for cube shaped tanks that are just a couple of feet wide/long. The longer tanks will need the larger MP40.

I wasn't sure if I could post a link to the full review on my blog, so I didn't post one. If you want to read the full review, just click on the link in my signature below and you'll find it there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
EcoTech-Marine-VorTech-MP10-300x200.jpg

I recently got the chance to review the VorTech MP10w ES on my blog and I wanted to share my experience. I know they've been out for a while, but I finally got my hands on one and thought I'd share my thoughts.

I tested this pump out on my four foot long, 80-gallon tank. Even though the tank was way oversized for this pump, it still managed to make some waves and move some water at the opposite end. Noise wasn't a big issue with other equipment running (it absolutely cannot be heard over the protein skimmer). But with all of the equipment besides the MP10 turned off, the noise is quite noticeable. I will point out that due to the tank's thickness, I was unable to use the rubber spacer, which would absorb some of the vibration. This could contribute a little to the noise.

The new EcoSmart controller was easy to use once I got the hang of it, and it feels really well built. The buttons appear to be water proof, or at the very least water resistant, but I refuse to test those limits =). Using the controller for the first time will require that you thumb through the manual, but after you get used to it the button layout and features make a lot of sense. Another good thing about this particular model is the wireless capabilities. These pumps can talk to each other, as master and slave for example. The slave pump will flow opposite of the master pump`

Verdict: I would certainly recommend this pump to anyone who had a smaller setup. This pump would be perfect for cube shaped tanks that are just a couple of feet wide/long. The longer tanks will need the larger MP40.

I wasn't sure if I could post a link to the full review on my blog, so I didn't post one. If you want to read the full review, just click on the link in my signature below and you'll find it there.

You can't say enough for these pumps.... I know many have passed on them and said that the Koralia's are good enough, but the fact is that they are remarkable little machines. I recently replaced two Koralia's with one MP-10 in a 28g cube. The random wave forms, multiple modes ( including the night mode) and sheer programability of these units gives you the closest thing to a "natural" water movement within the tank. I have found that most that put these units down have only looked at the price and have never really owned or even used an MP-10 to find out what it's really all about. Smart company, great product, and a well worth investment for your reef.

qwiksilver711

btw, u can post links to other places here, its ok, the mods arent nazis... i would assume they would object to links to nsfw sites, but otherwise they are pretty chill it seems

Archived