Top Shelf Aquatics

Help choose fish for my Nano

Pinrod Urkish

Pinrod Urkish

This is my 10 Gal Nano. I need help deciding on what kind of fish I should put in my Nano.

Inhabitants:

Shrooms

Button Polyps

Xenia

2 Hermit crabs

1 Seaweed decorator crab

pods-o-plenty

I like blennys, clowns, gobies, dottybacks and bassalets

It would also help if you told me what kind of fish you keep in your tank(s)

Nice rock formation. I have a citroen goby and a magenta dottyback in my 10. Both are out often and fairly active. However, I have heard others say that their citroen goby hides a lot.

Pinrod Urkish

I thought of a firefish for my tnak.

But all they seem so stand still against that current has any one seen or heard otherwise that would make this fish a good cannidate for my tank?

Originally posted by Seanano

Pygmy Angel. altho it'll make short work of that macro.

Uhhh how about NO. 10 gallon is way too small for even the smallest cerub angel. Dottybacks are hardy and one would do well in your tank. A firefish, a blenny, a clownfish are all options. I would say start off with 1 fish and see how things go for a month or two.
Pinrod Urkish

well audience, I (foolishly) got a rainford's goby.

To answer your question yes i did do the research.

I took him a while to come out from the cerpula, but when he did it was a real treat, hovering about the sand and all.

I've been feeding him "Marine Cuisine, for carnivorous fish", and mysis shrimp three time a day. and he loves it. he pickes it off of the floor and goes "hog wild". Yea!

• 4 weeks later...
Pinrod Urkish

... And I foolishly got a scooter blenny too. not that any body will care but they both have been frozenfood trained and i got them one month apart so that each will adjust to the surrounding. also talk about good coexisting species.. these two will pick at the same piece of food and not fight over it. they even sleep neer each other.

Archived