ReefCleaners.org

using 10 gallon to make fuge

NanoReefer10000

One way I was contemplating is drilling a series of holes and using bulkheads. Works best on acrylic... Glass can be cut, but ya gotta be careful.

I just built a sump/refugium with Nalbar's help. Actually, to tell you the truth, I was the go-fer, he did most of the work. For $30 in materials, I have a 30"L x 12"W x 16"T sump for my 29. It wasn't so bad. If you've got a table saw and know how to use it, its not the hardest thing to do.

Alternatively, you could probably use a set of pumps moving water over the tops of the tanks, but you'd better leave enough room in case either one of the pumps decides to quit on you.

Ever thought of just using a 20L? One body of water, no overflowing issues between tanks.

Mike

if i had the space i would have the fuge over the tank like on a shelf or something and pump in and have it gravity feed back down to the tank...or you can have your main tank with an overflow go to the sump/refugium underneath then pump the water back up...do some research man im sure you can easily find 100 ways to do this

Originally posted by CPDePrins

Iwant to connect 2 ten gallon tanks .1 a reef , the other a refugium. how can i do this?

I just saw a setup on a website that may work. It was a taller tank with bulkheads drilled into one side that drain into a smaller tank. Water comes in the big tank, flows thru the bulkheads, and is pumped out to the tank from there. All it means is using say, a 15 and a 10.

Just a thought.

Mike

Archived