Pod Your Reef

Photos of new Cleaner Shrimp and Yellow Polyps

Gilman

Well I went to the LFS yesterday and purchased nothing! X) Then my girlfriend got home from work, and we went to the LFS once again. :D Needless to say, we purchased a Cleaner Shrimp $15, and a nice Nano sized rock of Yellow Polyps they had for $10. The polyps weren't open yet for this mornings photos, so I will include a photo from last evening when most of the polyps were open. This morning we fed the tank a couple of flakes of Prime Reef flake food to the tank and oh my did the Cleaner Shrimp go nuts! :o

Here are some photos from this morning...

072002tank.jpg

072002cleaner2.jpg

Starting to open more this morning.

072002polyps1.jpg

Last evening after being in the tank for a little while.

3polyps071902.jpg

I will have more photos on our website later on today.

Gil

Looking great Gil. What are those 3 things left of center? I can't believe you got those yellows for $10. I bought mine for $30 and it was a smaller rock with half the polyps. Damn.

The three things are candy cane coral.

Great pics Gillman. Very nice colour too.

The GSP's look nice, I am looking to buy some. But last time my LFS had a 5inch sized rock and was selling it for £49 (about $75 US) which is way too much.

The tank is coming along nicely.

One thing though, isnt it possible to hide the heater behind the rocks? Like stick it further below so the rocks hide it? Or is the rocks resting against the glass?

Nice setup either way. :)

Archived