SaltCritters.com

Bristleworms!????

Blinkgyrl2987

Blinkgyrl2987

Are these guys good or bad..I have heard mixed things...I saw one in my tank last night...he was pokinh his head out of a rock and I thought..Oh god....and then he started coming out and coming out and coming out and this thing was about 2 or 3 inches long!...very skinny but long with little bristle..I've seen some horrifying pictures of these guys when they get huge...and I goning to have a problem down the road? Also can they hurt you ? Sting or anything like that? Just thought I'd ask.... Hope you can help me..lol Thans

~Megan~~~~

I wouldn't worry. Most species are harmelss detrivores that help keep you tank clean. If they get to be 5 or 6 inches long you might want to try and get them out otherwise leave'em be.

I say.....AWESOME.....when I see one! As long as you don't get a bad one (something like 2 of 100 are bad)....they're good! Healthy bristleworms (and other worms!) and pod populations suggest a healthy tank!

I noticed a 20cm+ (~8"+) worm in my tank last night.

I turned the light on and he quickly hid under the sand... this thing was massive - especially in my 3' 20G tank.

Originally posted by blackwater

I noticed a 20cm+ (~8"+) worm in my tank last night.

I turned the light on and he quickly hid under the sand... this thing was massive - especially in my 3' 20G tank.

Maybe you should find out if he's the good or bad type... Root around in the sand with your bare hand. If he bites you, he's bad -- grab him. :P

Archived