Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 45G Custom Rimless!

DLOE

Well its that time, i am finally upgrading from my 12 Gallon nano cube! I just got a custom Lee Mar tank made. 36x18x16 with front starfire glass.The stand i have welded up out of 16 gauge 3x1.5" box tubing. The light bar is made out of 1" box tubing and both have been powdercoated white. The sump was build by John at Advanced Acrylics. 24x14x14. I am still working on the doors for the stand. I Haven't decided what color i will do them yet. I will be running a 250 watt radium MH with a galaxy ballast. The skimmer will be the SWC 160. Cant wait!

-Derek

post-19555-1285915717_thumb.jpg

post-19555-1285915614_thumb.jpg

post-19555-1285915747_thumb.jpg

post-19555-1285915772_thumb.jpg

Looks like its gonna be awesome!

:)

Thanks! .. Ordering up some Marcorock today, going to start cycling that in a tub while I'm working on everything else.. Anyone else use that rock? I hear it's great, you just have to cycle it really good.

i just got my marco rocks from marine depot the other day. they are great! i order 50Ibs and recieved 2 very big pieces 2 medium pieces and 5-6 smaller rocks. i have pictures in my 60 cube thread

Thanks guys!, My plan is to go all kinds of soft corals, and start dippin' into SPS.. Should have some pictures of the rock and it cycling next week, i also hope to have the doors done on the stand.

stay tuned!! :D

Hey guys,

Got my Marco Rock in on friday, Man it looks great!! i have it soaking with some powerheads for a nice 2 day RO/DI bath before i start cycling and seeding it. Cant wait to aquascape it!

post-19555-1286777739_thumb.jpg

Wow that tank set up looks great. Rocks look good too! U could prolly opt for a mag drive return. Just get something stronger then you want and throw a valve on it so u can turn it back if youde like. Always better to have a little more flow than a little less.

• 2 years later...

Archived