Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Another ro/di question

jam77

Im sorry if this question has already been asked I searched and didn't really find the answer. I was hoping someone could suggest a ro/di filter that could be hooked up to a faucet when needed and then stored. Im renting so I can't install anything right now but will be buying a house in the spring so having the possibility to be installed in a house would be nice.

phi delt reefer
Im sorry if this question has already been asked I searched and didn't really find the answer. I was hoping someone could suggest a ro/di filter that could be hooked up to a faucet when needed and then stored. Im renting so I can't install anything right now but will be buying a house in the spring so having the possibility to be installed in a house would be nice.

mighty mite from air water and ice

I just got that unit and love it. REally well made, has the meter, psi gauge and a lot of info in instruction on when to replace. I go from 400 tds to 8 right before the RO and then 0 out to the bucket. It came with an adapter to hook up to an outside spigot. I am sure you can get an adapter. One thing I read about the Mighty MIght is goes through filters quickly. The bigger the filter, the longer they will last.

Is the spectra pure 4 stage any good? It comes with a tds meter and is only 145.00

Any RO/DI system can be portable but you are correct the Spectrapure CSP-DI is an excellent value.

Small units such as the Mighty Mite actually have a higher cost of ownership since they use smaller throw away filters that cost more, do not last as long, are harder to find and do not come in many of the preferred micron ranges.

Purchasing of the spectrapure is only via the company directly? The CSP-DI seems very nice; however, what GPD did you target AZ? They are all the same price between 25 and 90 GPD.

Air Water and Ice also sells a unit they call the Typhoon III, which includes a bunch of extras, and they are offering a $50 off coupon once you hit $250. Essentially you get the entire unit for $220, plus $24 shipping in my case.

Also, can RO/DI filters be bought and stored in advance without any issue?

The $100 off price is directly from Spectrapure. The units on sale are all 90 GPD. The Typhon III is a good unit, I used to own one myself and replaced it with a Spectrapure MaxCap, no comparison at all. With the Typhoon my DI resin made 150 gallons of 0 TDS water, with the MaxCap it was between 830 and over 1000 gallons of water per DI cartridge.

The CSP-DI is $145 and the MaxCap is $249, thats a steal, when I bought my first MaxCap the price was $389 and worth every penny.

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-...eciation.html#1

You can buy prefilters and carbon blocks and store them indefinitely but Spectrapure RO membranes are treated then wet tested so must be used right away unlike others that use dry non tested and non guaranteed membranes which have no shelf life. No big deal since Spectrapure membranes have been known to last 10 years with recommended maintenance. DI resin all have a shelf life of about 6 months regardless of manufacturer or vendor so do not buy too much at one time. My MaxCap and SilicaBuster DI resins are lasting over 1000 and over 3000 gallons respectively with my lousy tap water TDS over 800 so you really will not need much for replacements anyway.

Archived