ReefCleaners.org

Number of fish

frogguy1

How many fish should I put in a 18gh tank with 22 pounds of live rock. Tank has plenty of filtration. An elipse powerfilter with Bio-wheel and a 550 powerhead.

Blinkgyrl2987

It all depends on the kind of fish you are looking to keep! There is no set in stone rule for number of inches per gallon... maybe you could throw out some ideas of what you are looking to get and we can help you....

but I'm thinking if you stay with medium-small fish you could probably have 3...and 4 might be pushing it!...but that depends on the kind of fish you want! some fish need more room than others. and some can be territorial. But I could help more if you gave me some ideas.. HTH Megan~

Blinkgyrl2987

The clown is fine, and so is the royal gramma... but I think the flame angel ( although they are very beautiful...and happen to be my favorite fish) need at least 30 gallons. They can get up to 4". I'm thinking that maybe for a lil while it might be okay in a 18...but not long(I hope I don't get flamed for saying that)

Anyways they can (as well as most pygmy angels) have some aggression to the other fish you pick for your tank...which would not be good. even if I put one in a 30 gallon he might be the only fish in the tank.... because I feel like these fish deserve more room than we give them. HTH Megan!~~

Some other choices would be: firefish (purples are nice)

Blennies (Bicolors are cool)

Dottybacks

Gobies ( any kind ..they are small)

maybe a sixline wrasse ( these are

beautiful in my opinion)

Ocellaris clowns or perculas

Royal Grammas

as well as others

Archived