inTank Media Baskets

hermits eating my zoos!?!?!

Victa

so the past few days ive got some new zoo's pink green blues etc. it seems everytime i go to check them out they are closed. so one night while writing a long ass essay i just watched the tank and i see my scarlet hermits are nipping the zoo's skirts and bodies. to my recollection i thought that scarlets were supposed to be extremely reef safe? can anyone help? as of now i just took the scarlets and put them in my fuge. any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated

your hermits are probably just cleaning your zoos, possibly in a rough manner, but it's unlikely they are actually "eating" them unless the zoos are dead/dying in which case the hermits will "clean" away the necrotic tissue.

speed_freak03

I have had close to the same problem, It was a black and white crab(zebra patterned). I put some green star polyps in the other day and I came back 1hr later to look at the tank, and the polyps off the rock (1inch by 1.5 inch) where all gouged out, and were gone.

I quickly threw that crab into my dad's fish/live rock tank.:

yea my gsp mat of frag is all torn up. i bought it attached to some pebbles and the hermits tore it all apart i managed to save some of it by gluing it to some tonga branch and standing it high up. but my hermits really are causing more troulbe than helping... kinda wanna just take a wrench and crush the sh*t outta them. sorry for the sadistic comment there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived