SaltCritters.com

trying to set up a 12 nano cube. please help

mrdirtjr

I recently purchased a 12g nano cube from jbj. I want to set this tank up as a micro reef tank. I have been running a 46 gallon bow front for African cichlids for about a year now but I have no idea on how to set up my nano cube. Can someone please help me on how I should go about setting up this tank? thanks

Blinkgyrl2987

do you have salt? distilled water, a hydrometer, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate test kits as well as pn and alk test kits? Live rock? sand? a heater? these are all things you will need for this tank...I know because I have set up my nano cube and it has been cycling with live rock for 6 weeks now.

Let us know what you have and exactely what you don't know how to do and we can help you better.

As for the back compartment filter go ahead and remove the bioballs..they will be nitrate traps... and be aware that you will need to place a heater in one of those back compartments. Also the sponges back there will need to be rinsed out at least once a week after you get it set up..so you don't have a nitrate build up.

HTH ...but let us know more first and then we can help more..

~MEGan~

MrDirtJr...................

Here is your new avatar. Just right click your mouse and save it to your hard-drive. Then go into user options and change your avatar.

Dirt,

You've got A LOT of reading to do. Take BirdMan's suggestions to heart. Read them. Several times.

Get a beginner's saltwater aquarium book. Use the search feature of this web site to find the names of many good beginner's books. No. I won't do the leg work for you. You're going to have to do the work yourself. It will definitely be the least of your efforts in this endevour you have chosen.

Kirk

Archived