SaltCritters.com

I can't wait. need stocking tips

seaker

I've only had my jbj nano tank set up for 3 days. I have the lr set up the way I want it and I'm just sitting there staring at it. I WANNA SEE SOMETHING MOVE!!! but I am being patient. I'll wait till the cycling is done.

I wanna know if this is too much for my 12 gal nano cube.

3 red leg hermit crabs

3 blue leg hermit crabs

1 cleaner shrimp

3 sexy shrimp

and I've heard there is a watchman goby with a companion shrimp.

will these all get along? or is it too much for one tank.

Blinkgyrl2987

I don't think it is too much at all becuase you only have one fish!

however... I think 4 shrimp is a little too much..I have seen a JBJ nano cube fully stocked..and it had only 2 shrimp in it! I think that more than 2 is getting to be to be too much... but maybe someone else will tell you different ....we will just have to wait and see.

But technically everything you listed is part of the clean up crew....and one fish is perfectly fine.... some people will push two in the nano (like me) lol. but the less... the better...

Also if you can resist it..try to stay away from the red legs... they get a lot bigger than the blue legs.. and tend to cause trouble.... iThe blue legs are great though..i have two and they are very cool to watch..they move all over the liverock....I've heard that the scarlet reef crabs are good also.

Were you going to think about snails? Snails are a very important part of the clean up crew.

atrea, nassarius, cerith, margarita, and nerite... are some good ones to name just a few

I see your desire for the sexy shrimps they are cool. I was thinking about one cleaner shrimp and one sexy for my nano cube.... just becuase I like them both and feel like I need them both lol. I also know that the sexy's do better in groups....but a group of them in our small nano cube's is probably most definitly pushing it. I HTH.

~Megan~~~

i was reading about the watchman goby and shrimp and i found out my sand bed isn't deep enough, so thats out.

what shrimp will get along with the cleaner? fire shrimp? peppermint shrimp?

temp... My cleaner chases my sexies occasionall;y, but no " beating up" in my tank. get 2 cleaners if you don;t feel safe.. In a 20, i think the sexies and the cleaner will get along fine.

My tank, 4 shrimps, 8 snails purchased, 50+ STOMATELLAS THAT WONT STOP GETTTING IT ON!!!!!

P.S. most erites are intertidal and will stray from your tank. best to stay away from them , ubless you can find the checkered variety...

HTH.

-Ryan-

I like my watchman, one of my first fish. They get along with Pistol Shrimp, although i recently added a pistol they have yet to pair up. The watchman hid for a while but as it became more comfortable with the tank and people walking up to the tank, it hangs out more. It's basically always hanging it head out of one of 3 caves now a days.

AnthonyNguyen

i dont know about you guy's, i have a 20L and i has two skunk cleaner shrimp, they are so pretty, always chillang together, its a good pair of shrimp to try out with, they both carrying egg's too, i also have 1 blood fire shrimp, he were picking on my cleaner shrimp occationallyand hide all the time, a nano cube is something u might wanna watch for it. That what happened to me, if u were thinking about gettign them, get them at the same side, i totally agreed with Megan. Blue legs hermits is a lots better they work lil harder than red leg's. Good Luck!

Oh watchman and Skunksuppper cool, My watchman is one of the only fish that will let the skunk cleaners really clean him, They will pick inside his gills.. They give him the Deluxe treatment.

Archived