Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bak Pak 2 Questions

Renfield

I'd like to hide the heater in the compartment where the bio-bale usually resides. I've not been able to track down a BP2 to measure so I'd appreciate it if one of you BP2 owners could answer a couple of questions.

In the Bak Pak 2:

What is the distance between the waterline and the bottom of the bio-bale compartment? Also, what is the distance between the waterline and the middle of that angled bubble diverter plate near the bottom?

In the Bak Pak 2R:

What's the distance between the waterline and the top of the foam and how wide is the gap between the return tube and the walls of that compartment?

Thanks in advance,

Ren

I believe it is almost the same dims as the HOB from US AQUARIUMS Bioskim. I had a submersable 150 watter in it with no problem. error on the side of caution, that biobale will melt.

I wasn't planning on leaving the bio-bale in. The rock and sandbed can take care of the denitrification. the only downside is that the bale helps reduce the number of bubbles put into the tank.

I think the 100W Ebo is 12" long and the 75W is 10". I'd like to have all of the glass portion immersed so I need the measurements. How long was the heater you were using?

Archived