ReefCleaners.org

live rock and sand (mayb ph's)

wilson

what is some good type of live rock and live sand that is already cured. and how many gph should i ahve for one powerhead if i am using a ac 200. also mayb a sample fish list that includes 2 flase percula clowns a linkia star(ithink) and a good clean up crew.

THks

wilson, i just responded to your other thread on this forum. on my eclipse 12, i have the aquaclear200(200gph), the powersweep ph(150gph), and a rio180ph(120gph). a lot of water movement is a very good thing. remember that most of these fish come from the ocean, and that pond is never sitting still. as for fish, consider a firefish goby, or any other of the numerous nano-safe gobies. you can also consider a six-line wrasse, very attractive fish imho. but if you do get that damsel you were talking about, just know that he will probably pick on any other fish you have in there, maybe even to the point of death.

What size is the tank? I think even for a softy tank that flow is important. I don't think the AC 200 alone would cut it in a tank bigger than 7 gallons. I suggest PH's if you have a 10 gallon or bigger.

Most Corals respond greatly to a bit of added flow. As for SPS's, short of stripping their branches I don't think you can have too much flow.

well i chnged my mind about that damsel i was thinkin of gettin 2 blue green chromis along with my other stuff, also it is a 20 gallon h tank and i just am not sure if i should buy one big ph with my aquaclear or a couple of smaller ph with my ac, and should i remove everything out of the ac and just use for circualtion

Archived