Pod Your Reef

True Blue

WillyWonka

i've been reading up on all the posts about true blue actinics and i've done a bunch of research from other websites. i want one. i have the Custom Sea Life 2X32 retro fit so i'm guessing i need a 32 watt bulb for my balast. anyone know where i can get a 32 watt true actinic light? thanks, WWX)

NanoReefer53

there's no problem with that with a tad bit more watts. Same thing as overdriving N.O bulbs. CSL (custom sea life) only makes 32w bulbs.

reef hugger

if the tubes are the same length and diameter between the 28w and 32w, then they are the same watts. i haven't measured them personnally. does somebody have both bulbs to measure? i only have the csl. btw, you won't notice the difference between the two, and chances are your corals won't either.

4 watts isn't enough to make a difference anyway. You wouldn't be able to keep anything different under the 4 watt difference. Color is just as important to corals as intensity is. Color is even more important in actinic lighting as it is the bulb that keeps your corals alive. Many people like NO actinic light because the color is a very nice blue. Its your choice. Hellolights lamps are very nice and are priced very good.

Just my 2cents

Joe

Archived