Cultivated Reef

Starting to take Shape

Niger12

NIger12- Do a little research on your Goniopora (Flower Pot). They do not live well in captivity, most will unfortunately die within a few-6 months. The rest of the tank looks good!

Yes I now the history on the flower pot. It was very inexpensive and there are a couple of sites that are dedicated to keeping this coral they still have not had one more than two years.

Niger is also fish. Actually my favorite fish the 12 is how big mine grew in 3.5 years. The tank is and old Tenecor 30gal, had it for many years.

Originally posted by JohnnyMTB

NIger12- Do a little research on your Goniopora (Flower Pot). They do not live well in captivity, most will unfortunately die within a few-6 months.  The rest of the tank looks good!

Not true in all cases. I've had mine for almost a year. It seems to be doing great!

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Niger12

Yes I now the history on the flower pot.  It was very inexpensive and there are a couple of sites that are dedicated to keeping this coral they still have not had one more than two years.

Nice pics, Niger. Can you post / forward the links you referred to dedicated to the flower pot species?

Thanks!

Sorry guys, I have not been to the site in a while. I will have to search the topic. I can not find the websites. Will post back as soon as I get them

Archived