Pod Your Reef

AIO 20L Zoanthid Garden

fote03

I have been wanting a AIO 20L zoanthid garden for a while and finally started building it.

Here are my plans as of now!

- 20 Gallon Long

- 70w HM

- retro led moonlights

- Maxi-Jet 1200 return

- Koralia Nano

- Homemade stand

- autotop off

Livestock:

- 10lbs Live Rock

- Black sand

- Citron Clown Goby

- Tons of zoanthids

Here are some picture of the aquarium and the stand being built!

20LTank.jpg

20Lstand2.jpg

20Lstand.jpg

False Wall

AIOFalsewall.jpg

AIO Sump

AIOsump-1.jpg

Stand is Finally Stained

20Lstand3.jpg

Door

StandDoor.jpg

The stain didnt take to the trim so i painted the trim black and clear coated the stand.

Couch viewing!

20Linplace.jpg

Front viewing!

20Linplace2.jpg

LOL dude that thing came out sick!

i love how its at the end of the couch!!!!! looks awsome!!!

stand looks koo too!!!

tagging along!

is one of the holes the Overflow and the other the return?

Very cool AIO.

I would put a background on the side against the wall. It will make the color of the corals pop more. If you use window tint it comes right off if you ever move the tank and don't want the background there anymore.

Can't wait to see some livestock in there.

Alkomist - u got it right on the holes! Thanks

fewskillz - i didnt even think abt that...till u said something i will have to fix that. Thanks

Looks awesome! I was actually thinking of another tank that purely different zoas...

One question though, why are you going with a 70W MH? I would imagine a small LED or T5HO might give you a bit more coverage and less heat when you are chilling on the couch?

With that tank i would definitely go with T5's (NEP) or the Hybrid T5+LED. Especially if its a zoa dominated tank. Youll find that zoa's will look better under those types of lighting AND evaporation will be significantly less

I thought abt LED but its out of my range of DIY and almost got a t5 fixture but a local reefer gave me a deal on the 70W MH! I really wanted 2 PAR38 or a 4 bulb T5 fixture but those are out of the budget right now.

Finally got my fixture wired up and hung. Its a DIY Solara fixture. Thanks to cdelicath and karlo threads.

Also got a Citron Clown Goby local reefers.

20Llightinplace2.jpg

20Llightinplace.jpg

Curly Joe Reefer - Cool looks like u upgraded a couple times since than.

Im thinking the about getting a second citron goby...i was reading about how they are like Clown fish and live in pairs and change sex to adapt and pair up. Any one have any experiences with this? Also read they lived in colonies but i don't have the room for that.

kamikaze_fish

Very awesome looking setup. Just curious, does the person sitting beside the tank get warm from the lighting? Have you considered how that lighting will affect the leather of the couch?

kamikaze_fish - Thanks There arent any heat issues sitting next to the tank...didnt even think abt the light affecting the leather i always cover it any time im messing with it cause i always find a way to get water on it. That part is a PIA but my gf wants to get covers for the couch and loveseat anyways. so im not too worried abt it!

DrCooper - i cant wait to fill it up either and watch it grow. Most frags im going to add are only going to be small and only have a couple heads. So i can enjoy them growing in and fit more colors!

tank looks good!!!

still diggin the whole "end of the couch" thing that part of it would be my favorite seat!!

cant wait to see it grow in to somthing more awsome!!

post pix of fish when you get em:)

Nightmare Zoa

79cc7c52-1-1-1.jpg

Lunar Eclipse Zoa

308008a3-1-1.jpg

Red Ring Zoa

85d1f248.jpg

Tubb Blues

4db4f69b-1-1.jpg

Eagle Eye Zoaz

908f2f4c-2.jpg

Devil's Armor