Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JBJ NanoCube Media

biggs

I know people have covered this issue before. And I have been doing stuff on the web for a LONG time (when Netscape was an apha still) and I know all about the search button. But I need to try to get an average of everyone's feeling on this issue...

I need to know which media (floss blocks, carbon, plastic bio-balls, ceramic rings) should stay or go. This question is assuming the owner has live rock and live sand. In my case the tank will almost always be a FOWLR tank with maybe one small invert in 6 months.

I have no choice but to lose the rings as the bag is torn so I removed them for now (although I can replace them later if need be.)

I'm also not so sure which compartments are the best to use. Right now I have two floss block on top of each other in the second compartment from the left (compartment 2.) That way ALL water passing through the sump area goes through floss one time.

Thanks in advance on behalf of all people who have tried to research and seen far too many mixed opinions.

Tony

I have kept all of the original media. I modified the intake and placed a small rio water pump for more circulation. I cut watchtower shape openingn over the top intake so that the residue film you see drops into the filter. For now it seems to work for me. I do two gallon water changes once to twice a week depending on how much time I have.

I have 12lbs live rock and a three inch layer of argonite.

Archived