Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brine-shrimps whilst cycling??

mburton2

My 12Gal tank has been cycling for a week now, and ammonia has dropped to Zero, just my nitrates a little higher than perfect.....

I was wondering, would it be OK to drop some brine-shrimp aka sea-monkeys into the salty solution whilst the tank is cycling?, would this cause a crash??

I bought some Brine-shrimp eggs to hatch-out as a food source for my tropical tank.....just wondering if I could utilise my salty-tank whilst its cycling???

Just one other Q, the PH seems low at 7.8......will this increase in time?, is this just another thing that will stabilize during the cycling process??

Seeing that I've not had any negative replies, and, I've not seen much in the way of HH's, the water has been stable for a few days now......I'm getting bored at looking at nothing but rock!.

So I think I'll add a few eggs in.....if they hatch....great.

If they hatch and multiply, even better (I'll have a food source for my Tropical tank!)

mburton2

Hi Burton 2 welco to nano-reef - kinda noticed that no one has even tried to help. I'd personally go ahead and hatch em - so some get eaten by the residents in your sw tank?? I'm not sure about the PH - hopefully one of the local gurus will see that there is an answer here and post. Hope all goes well!

chopin

Archived