ReefCleaners.org

Jalli/cpr leaking light?

AquaJamieB

Will the light from my fuge that leaks into my main tank cause a problem if I keep it on 24/7? I blacked out as much as i can, but there still seems to be a good amount of light getting into the tank. What do you all do to keep your cpr/jalli combos from letting light into the main tank?

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I have a Jalli 13w, and a HOB fuge made by Reefer_Buddha, but I see a ton of light spilling into the main tank.

When you say blacked-out, what did you do? I'm thinking of painting the back part of the fuge (part touching the tank), to see if this keeps light from going in there. Even though, it still seems like a lot will get in.

i put black background on the back of the main tank, and put extra pieces of black background on the fuge as well, but there is still light getting into the main tank.

I've come up with something I think will work OK. I'm going to have a black acrylic shield cut that will go between the top of the fuge and the tank. I tried it with some paper to make a pattern, and it blocked a ton of light. Should work OK.

I'm battling the same problem. Right now i've drapped a towel over the tank at night (not good i know) untill i get my hood built. Any solutions would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

> bump Cause im having the same issue with my jali. Anybody come up with any ideas? I think this is going to be a problem with algae.

I just have cut a piece of paper, covered it with tape to protect it from water, and put it between the fuge and the tank. Doesn't look so great, but it works. I'm going to take this piece of paper and use it as a template for a black piece of acrylic, which will work better.

Archived