Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Battle With Algea

Strife

i got all sorts of algea in my 7 gallon tank, i have tried redoing everything because it caused it to crash not long ago...

after leaving the lights off for almost 3 weeks...algea is still there...

i have tried using carbon 24/7 to take out nutrients so algea wont grow, but it doesnt work...

i have tried adding lots of hermits and snails and it still doesnt work..

i have tried lowering light cycle to 6 hours a day but it still doesnt work...

i have also tried adding more current so it wont give free floating algea a chance to attach on rocks. etc..

now, im seriouly considering using medications, but just want to know, if theres anything that i should do before killing my whole biological system.. :( ?

NanoReefer53

If u have red-slime, try using the Ultralife red slime remover. I'm not sure what impact it has on the corals but I know it kills the red slime.

what SPECIFIC algae is the problem?

the coralife redslime remover is KANOCYN but with out the Phospho orthic group. it will kill the bacteria algae only and is reef safe.

Id lookinto having your water supply tested. Use RODI water and a GOOD salt like Tropic Marin. it will cut down on the nutrients. Also do frequent W/C. What Kind of lights are on it? If U have old bulbs per haps they have color shifted into the algae loving spectrum. A lot of variables .

Do a SEARCH on algae and I think U will find your answer ;)

Archived