Pod Your Reef

GOODgREEF 26g Bowfront LED Reef

GOODgREEF

your tank is amazing! I hope mine can look like this someday!

patience is the key! Aww cool frogfish!

Just took a couple pics to show off this cool moonlight I got. The light is from a broken Glofish 3.5g Aquarium that i salvaged. I'm using it as my moonlight on the tank and the thing is phenomenal. It is comparable to a r2 moonlight probably even stronger.

5591364920_b0a3f6e188.jpg

Fuge and Moonlight

5590783941_776e24fa49.jpg

Night time CTS

5592790355_b662492678.jpg

NEW ARRIVAL! Purple Firefish, Cheapest price I have seen at retail

5592852245_14208a8f09.jpg

He is doing ok so far none of my other fishes has really bothered it. I don't have a quarantine tank so I'm hoping he doesn't carry any baddies.

5592843125_98a9f4513a.jpg

I got a picture of my Orange Spotted Prawn Goby that guards this area of the tank. Withing those Red Mushrooms is a little cave that he hides in.

Now I need to think of a name for this guy.

A lil update on my tank. I just sold my Green Encrusting Gonipora and a couple of frags. Used the money to buy more coral. Now the purple firefish I got last week is still alive, but I never see it swim in the tank. He is hiding under a piece of live rock in the front part of the tank. I can see him just staying there. Tried to spot feed him to see if he comes out, but he doesn't still. I'm getting worried that guy will starve himself to death. I believe the other fish scare him into hiding, but haven't seen any aggression. What can I do to encourage him to come out and swim more???

5614806131_86169eff04.jpg

See the crack in the under the rock, that's where my Purple Firefish been hiding out.

5614802771_860481fe79.jpg

I got this piece for 25 bucks has about four different types of Zoas.

5615380526_41843175f2_z.jpg

Here's a pic of my frag rack

5615501780_8d7b011abe_z.jpg

FTS + Lighting

paradox_of_reef

I really love your tank i wish my bowfront was that awesome when i had one. Anyway i had advice for you purple firefish i have one but he's out all time but then again mine might be scared to go in my rock work for fear of my mantis shrimp. i hope he comes out of hiding for you they are beautiful fish.

Good luck and again i love the tank

THEEGRIMREEFER

Wow dude tanks looking real good. Glad to see the clam doing good, is that the same rbta i sold you? Good job on taking care of the GHA, that's pretty much what made me stop reefing since i let it take over and didn't have the time to fix it.

Wow dude tanks looking real good. Glad to see the clam doing good, is that the same rbta i sold you? Good job on taking care of the GHA, that's pretty much what made me stop reefing since i let it take over and didn't have the time to fix it.

Hey ure back on NR! yeah tanks doing a lot better. The clam is doing good nice color and opens up with no problems. That is the same rbta, but it's alot smaller because it split. I sold the other half. I have to thank my sea hare for doing a good job on the algae. Did ya stock the rimless with corals?

THEEGRIMREEFER
Hey ure back on NR! yeah tanks doing a lot better. The clam is doing good nice color and opens up with no problems. That is the same rbta, but it's alot smaller because it split. I sold the other half. I have to thank my sea hare for doing a good job on the algae. Did ya stock the rimless with corals?

Yeah i think im going to get back into reefing. As for the rimless, I haven't stocked it up yet, just got my fish in there, I am most likely going to set up a pico reef soon and put the corals I let my friend take care of in there.

But if your firefish is still hiding try not to scare it and stay away from the tank if you see it. In my experiences with them it just takes time for them to get comfortable with the new environment. By not scaring it in the beginning will make it easier and faster for the firefish to get comfortable.

• 5 months later...
5592790355_b662492678.jpg

NEW ARRIVAL! Purple Firefish, Cheapest price I have seen at retail

I was just wondering where you got the purple firefish for that price.

Maybe 6th ave? That place has cheap prices at their weekend bag sale.

yo GOODgREEF, where in SF? I'm in Chinatown near Hung Ming Fish Store.

• 1 month later...
I was just wondering where you got the purple firefish for that price.

I got it at Pet Club. Funny because I mentioned he was missing for weeks and then one day I found him under rocks still alive. This guy died though because he was constantly being chased by my clown or sixline that he for sure end up dying.

Maybe 6th ave? That place has cheap prices at their weekend bag sale.

yo GOODgREEF, where in SF? I'm in Chinatown near Hung Ming Fish Store.

I just moved to Daly City. I have never been to Hung Ming's. Is it a nice shop to go to?

Anyways I haven't updated this for a awhile. Major Update in a few minutes, stay tuned!

Hey guys i'm due for a update. I got a better iPhone so my pictures should be more detailed. I'm waiting to get my girlfriend's sister's old Nikon camera. (Haha) I promise I will update more often. A lot has changed like my scape and livestock. I'll let the pictures do the explanation. Hope you guys enjoy and feel free to ask any questions.

6380913271_885d7c6526.jpg6380937109_859dc84996.jpg6380909117_c80b1c4845.jpg6381035991_b38608f85a.jpg

6380944497_0692d3c66e.jpg

6380933597_3d58e2ca3a.jpg6381185925_db4b9c072d.jpg

Wow the tank really looks great! So clean too! Beautiful colors, I love the torch and the Midas

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanx, about a year ago it was covered with hair algae. Now I see no sight of them now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived