inTank Media Baskets

RO/DI System - Buckeye vs Spectrapure CSPDI ?

jpkrze

Looking to pickup a new RO/DI system for my 34gal solana. Narrowed it down to two 75gpd models. One is from Buckeye Field Supply at $169 and comes with a HM Digital TDS3 handheld meter. No in line meter though.

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showprod...168&Sub=166

The other is from Spectrapure. CSPDI 90gdp on sale for $145. Has dual in line TDS metering but does not come with a handheld which is probably a more accurate way to measure.

http://www.spectrapure.com/email/customer-...eciation.html#1

Looks like the Spectrapure would be more expensive to refill as well. If anyone can comment on either of these units I'd appreciate it. Build quaility, filter life, etc.

Thanks

Although I prefer the handheld TDS meter the Spectrapure has a slight edge.

First off they use a 0.5 micron absolute rated prefilter so the carbon block lasts longer and both do a better job of protecting the RO membarne which is their sole purpose in life.

Next they treat all their membranes to increase the efficiency and GPD using a process known only to them, then they batch test the CSP membranes for quality control.

They custom mix their DI resins to meet the needs of reefkeepers so they not only outperform others they last longer too, with the SilicaBuster resin they claim a 33% increase which in my personal experience is conservative, I get much more than that and have used resins from both Buckeye and theirs plus others.

You will find cost of ownership will actually be less not more since the DI and membranes will outlast others.

The Buckeye Premium is a good system and until the CSP-DI went on sale and the ProPlus before it, the Buckeye was my choice in that price range. If the Spectrapure units were at their normal price the Buckeye would be the way to go but at $100 for the CSP-DI they have them for now.

Do you work for Spectrapure or have a relationship with them? Just seems like every post on the net about RODI has your name and postings about how good the Spectrapure is compared to others. Not that it's bad to inform people about a product just like to know where my opinions are coming from. Hopefully others can chime inwth their opinions as well

Although I prefer the handheld TDS meter the Spectrapure has a slight edge.

First off they use a 0.5 micron absolute rated prefilter so the carbon block lasts longer and both do a better job of protecting the RO membarne which is their sole purpose in life.

Next they treat all their membranes to increase the efficiency and GPD using a process known only to them, then they batch test the CSP membranes for quality control.

They custom mix their DI resins to meet the needs of reefkeepers so they not only outperform others they last longer too, with the SilicaBuster resin they claim a 33% increase which in my personal experience is conservative, I get much more than that and have used resins from both Buckeye and theirs plus others.

You will find cost of ownership will actually be less not more since the DI and membranes will outlast others.

The Buckeye Premium is a good system and until the CSP-DI went on sale and the ProPlus before it, the Buckeye was my choice in that price range. If the Spectrapure units were at their normal price the Buckeye would be the way to go but at $100 for the CSP-DI they have them for now.

Nope I have no connection, I am a very satisfied user though and work for a water engineering firm for a living so have lots of experience with many systems both large and small.

I just received my spectrapure unit and am extremely pleased. Only assembly was attaching the water in line and hooking it up to my washer outlet. Ran it for a few minutes to flush it out, then did the flow test and adjusted the flow restrictor (only tool needed was scissors). Then proceeded to run a gallon of 0 TDS water to top off my 40b.

Do you work for Spectrapure or have a relationship with them? Just seems like every post on the net about RODI has your name and postings about how good the Spectrapure is compared to others. Not that it's bad to inform people about a product just like to know where my opinions are coming from. Hopefully others can chime inwth their opinions as well

lol, i was just wondering the same thing. I have the spectrapure 90 gpd and love it. good #### maynard

Archived