inTank Media Baskets

MelaFix ??

jtricer1973

Hey folks, anyone ever use MelaFix? My clown fish looks to have some type of tail rot going on. Not real bad but I want to stop it before it gets bad.The stuff says it works (of course it does) and that its reef safe. I,ve have so far only dosed the tank with it once and everything looks ok. Has anyone else had success using this stuff. If it works that would be great.Not much reef safe stuff floating around you know.

Thanks alot

I know some people in the brackish water puffer world that swear by this stuff. I have used it but never in a reef tank. Puffers are not as sensitive as corals, but in terms of fish they are are more sensitive than most because the are scaless.

I've used it and seen it used in reefs. Works pretty well to be honest.....kinda surprised me. You NEED to shut off your skimmer if you use this in a reef....your skimmer will go bonkers.

If you use it keep an eye on pH and alk.....just a precaution.

Cameron

LOVE MELAFIX!

in the words of EBay, Highly Recommended, A+++++

Sounds like it would be perfect for your problem. Follow the directions to a T. If you use carbon, get rid of it. If you skim, get rid of it. Within 4 days you'll start to notice an improvement.

Don't worry if the fish isn't perfect when treatment time is over, it'll take a little bit of time for the fish to completely heal.

Let us know how it goes.

Archived