inTank Media Baskets

Insert Clever Build Thread Title Here.

Pudding

i love these rimless tanks! Best of luck on it man, ill be following along. Im so tempted to forget that I painted, plumbed, and cleaned my 40b and just dish out a few hunnit for an ADA or Mr aqua.

I think I am going to set up a 10g NPS tank after my 40B.

I can manage feeding 1-3x per day. Do you target feed yours or just let them catch food?

I think if it is a completly NPS dminated tank, I can just put in food, and they will catch it. But I will traget feed the dendros and sun coral.

Why not make the ADA a macro tank?

The macro idea is the most appealing to me so far. The problem is, i have no idea what kind of fish i want for any of these tanks. I also have no idea where to get nice, cheap macro's. :) I know there are a few people here who sell macro's, but they always seem to be in demand. But a macro tank is definite possibility.

My current tank isnt really NPC dominated. I have a small colony of yellow tubastrea's, two small colonies of black tubastrea's, and a dendro with about 6 heads. Feeding them is a huge pain. They're awesome an all, but they just demand too much attention. I only feed them one or twice a week because i'm super duper lazy. When i did feed them once a day, the tubastrea's looked amazing at night. My avatar is an older picture of when i did feed them a lot. Just throwing in a bunch of food makes your bioload super duper high and a lot of people with NPS tanks run some other kind of nutrient export. If you do do an NPS tank, i would keep it bare bottom.

i love these rimless tanks! Best of luck on it man, ill be following along. Im so tempted to forget that I painted, plumbed, and cleaned my 40b and just dish out a few hunnit for an ADA or Mr aqua.

They are really cool tanks. The only tank's i've ever had were AGA tanks and this ADA is amazing compared to it. The biggest problem is doing this tank some justice :D

The macro idea is the most appealing to me so far. The problem is, i have no idea what kind of fish i want for any of these tanks. I also have no idea where to get nice, cheap macro's. :) I know there are a few people here who sell macro's, but they always seem to be in demand. But a macro tank is definite possibility.

If you did a macro tank, a pair of bangaii's would look nice in there.

Reefcleaners.org has some nicely priced macros.

Good thing i got the 1250 then :D This is the first plumbed system i would be running so I dont have any first hand experience with how much flow i want from a return pump. I've read that your sump should be running at about 5x your DT volume, and at around 4ft of head height, i'd be running more than 10x.

About two weeks of progress -

Painted the sides of my stand

Attached handles for my door.

Got a 20L and a 10

Thats about it. Although for my current tank, i did get some really cool macro's.

Archived