ReefCleaners.org

Thinner + Longer = Better? Obviously...

Justind823

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry about your floor. It looks good so far, and I'm sure it's going to be as clean as your planned set up.

I like the nice and simple rock work you have. The 5gal mini-display for macros and a mantis is going to be fun to show off.

Can't wait to see these plans in action.

Thanks! I'm going to start on the stand tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some progress to post.

Looks sweet! I really like the rock alot. Can't wait to see em evolve.

Thanks, I do too. I just hope I can fit all my coral in this tank.

Groovy... glad to see this shape becoming more and more popular (started mine in January). And I love the rock ideas... I wanted to do mine as a peninsula, but was overruled by She Who Must Be Obeyed, lol.

Deleted User 6

Looking good - I like the scape idea. I would either keep it as is or put one structure on the other end of the tank with the open space in the middle. Nice work so far though.

Yea I go back and forth with the scape I want. I'm sure it will change when it comes time to stock the tank.

I'm still waiting on the new tank so I can start drilling it. It should be here tomorrow fingerscrossed

I think I'm gonna go start working on the stand. Luckily I have plenty of beer left over from the family get together yesterday. Carpentry work always calls for beer.

I got some work done on the stand tonight. I'm very pleased at how it's looking. I still need to figure out what I'm doing for the second level, hopefully I get to keep the original 12 long and use it for the sump. We'll see if UPS comes to pick it up this week, otherwise I'm in the clear.

IMG_0079.jpg

Disregard the room, that too is a work in progress.

This is going to be better than I thought. Your doing an awsome job on this tank.

Thanks!

yeah this tank gonna be epic-love the mantis tank too also whered you get the little led light for you mantis tank?

The light I made. I bought a simple led par 20 and then soldered 2 rb and a cw cree led in place of the original led's. I also put some 60degree optics in place of the unknown optics that were in it.

Yes, yes I do think its cool enough for people to see it and gasp at its magnificence.

I dont know, I want to be able to fiddle with the settings without having to open a door up. I also want it to be angled so I can look without bending down.

Its either that or just put it behind the door and call it a day.

• 2 weeks later...

The stand is done. Just need to slap the doors on when I finish plumbing the system.

IMG_0097.jpg

I'm almost done with the plumbing!

IMG_0101.jpg

What's that third tank under there?!

Oh and I successfully drilled both tank. GO ME!

The stand is done. Just need to slap the doors on when I finish plumbing the system.

IMG_0097.jpg

I'm almost done with the plumbing!

IMG_0101.jpg

What's that third tank under there?!

Oh and I successfully drilled both tank. GO ME!

Eeeewwwww are you going to keep it white? Haha jk looks good.

Archived