Top Shelf Aquatics

Clean Tenitcals the Rectract?

Warboz

My Minibow 7 has been up for close to 4 weeks now and I'm getting all sorts of growth on my LR. There a few of these polyps with tentacles coming out of them. The bases are a cream color (not really brown kind of an off white haha) that I can see and the tentacles are very translucent. Also I have noticed when my crabs walk over them, which leads my to believe they don't sting, the tentacles retract.

From what I've read this doesn't sound like aptasia but I might be wrong. I've been trying to get pics but it is hard to even see in person so a pic will be impossible. I hope I gave a specific enough description.

Thanks

I wonder if I have the same thing. I've notice coming out of one rock these tenticle things. At first I thought it was a piece of hair in the tank. But they move and seem to collect stuff when they move. And on that rock, there's this white looking nest thing growing. I notice last night that it's pieces of sand stuck together. Anybody have a clue what it could be? Does it sound like the same thing. Sorry if I'm having difficulty decribing it.

Yes I have similar things, sand gets stuck around the base and then the tenticles retract. I have no clue what these things are but they're growing on a few peices of LR. They're not feather worms or dusters, and they don't seem to be aptasia. Also, they don't seem to be spaghetti worms because the tenticles are uniform in length and do not seem to move independently of the current. I dont know what to say...White/Tan bases with clear tenticles...

Anyone?

My thing doesn't look too much like that. It looks like a long string that moves. Tonight for the second time I also saw dirt or some kind of waste come shooting out of the rock. I don't have a camera to take a picture.

Archived