Innovative Marine Aquariums

Rusty and Flame angel Hybrid

WI Reefer

Hey I was in my favorite LFS and saw something strange on one of the tanks a $180 price tag:blink:

It was a rusty x flame hybrid and it said only 2 in the country!!! It rly did not look that different from a normal Flame angel.

Just wondering if my LFS was full of ****???

nano_keeper30
Hey I was in my favorite LFS and saw something strange on one of the tanks a $180 price tag:blink:

It was a rusty x flame hybrid and it said only 2 in the country!!! It rly did not look that different from a normal Flame angel.

Just wondering if my LFS was full of ****???

Hard to tell, i dont know much about fish morphs other than clowns, however I do know that the appearence of flame angels differ from region to region. As far as I know some are darker or brighter and some have brighter blues.

I am pretty certain that there is not a hole lot of Flame Angel breeding as a matter of fact to even rumor the fact of Xbreeding them with other dwarf angels.

If the guy dont have paperwork on somthing as exotic as "only 2 in the country" then he is pulling your leg.

See your in WI to, how far is Sussex from Wausau ?

nano_keeper30

Hmmm well i stand corrected. Neat yes, but not worth $180.00 does the same thing as a flame and honostly a regular flame is prettier in my opinion.

There are only 3 reasons to buy something with that high of a pricetag.

You want to be cool.

You think is the best looking fish you ever seen and happened to have $180 on you.

You intend on making money breeding it (in this case that is a N/A option.

I have seen this fish in person and imo i would rather have then the played out flame.If my new tank was more mature it would already be in my tank.If there in month or so it will be mine.

Hmmm well i stand corrected. Neat yes, but not worth $180.00 does the same thing as a flame and honostly a regular flame is prettier in my opinion.

agreed The most I have spent on fish was $50 for my leopard wrasse that was eatting pellets.

Plainrt

Good luck if you get it post some pics on WRS

If there are only 2 in the country then I think they would go for more than $180 thats not alot in the rare fish world, especially an angel.

I think we have established they exist, but the fact that Divers Den and your store has one, plus there is one in this video in a display tank at IMAC certainly debunks the 2 in the USA myth.

They are a very rare fish.Who cares if there is 2 or 10 or 20 that still rare as hell.I have seen in person and know the store that has the one for $180.The reason priced so low is that its in a store in wisconsin in a area where really no big market for a fish like that so its priced low as can go.Divers den gets fish from same place that this store does so its not a suprise the 2 of them showed up same time......I know when the store ordered the one there was 2 of them in the hands of Quality Marine and they were lucky to get one.

I think we have established they exist, but the fact that Divers Den and your store has one, plus there is one in this video in a display tank at IMAC certainly debunks the 2 in the USA myth.

I sure its the real deal

IMO theres much cooler angels out there

Archived