inTank Media Baskets

last RO/di question

floridian reefer

I have used resin from every major vendor on the forums and more, there is a difference and I am sold on the MaxCap and SilicaBuster resins I have not received anywhere near the life out of any other resin. I do use lots of Bulk Reef products but not their resins as they are a standard off the shelf mix from a factory. Try a SilicaBuster and I am 100% confident you will not go back to any other.

Yes you can add the MaxCap but it will not be on the end, it is designed a a roughing filter or Pre DI so needs to be first in line and followed by something else like the SilicaBuster. You cannot use a MaxCap by itself.

Yes go withh the 90 GPD and a matched flow restrictor, you make water that much faster so no waiting around.

floridian reefer

im still confused with the flow restrictor thing. i haven't hooked it up yet because of this. so i cant just hook it to my spicket and im good? i thought the more flow the better? where is the restrictor at?

The flow restrictor is built into or installed on the waste line. In most cases you will have a small white tube with something like 750mL or 500mL or similar stamped on it, theses are the normal nonadjustable restrictors 99% of the vendors provide. Some others use a capillary tube type flow restrictor like Spectrapure and Buckeye Field Supply which looks like a piece os spaghetti with a small flange on one end which inserts inside the waste line out of site. You trim these to your exact water conditions and they are the much better of the two.

If your unit is making any RO water at all it has a flow restrictor installed, otherwise it would all be going to waste. The restrictor is what creates the back pressure that forces the water through the membrane. Yes the more tap water pressure the better and keep the flow restrictor at close to 4:1 and it provides the pressure needed to make water.

Archived