Coral Vue Hydros

Mangrove Question

Bluntokian

Il be getting some mangroves Wednesday and im drilling holes in a board to use to hold them out of the water and I was wondering what size my holes should be? I only have a 1/2" and 1 1/2" bits so I was wondering if going the extreme way with the 1 1/2" was viable in any way.

nanoreefnate
Il be getting some mangroves Wednesday and im drilling holes in a board to use to hold them out of the water and I was wondering what size my holes should be? I only have a 1/2" and 1 1/2" bits so I was wondering if going the extreme way with the 1 1/2" was viable in any way.

You probably dont want to put them into a hard surface because they will grow. a better option would be foam board that floats on the water or using some sort of platform with a flat bottom that extends to above the waterline and then using gardeners tape to keep the mangroves secure.

URFAVORITEHOBOIN

I use a water plastic bottle with holes drilled in the sides & bottom for water flow. Then use zip tips or something to attach it & hold it at the proper height. It's not a 100% sure fix, but it should work for a little bit.

Archived