Top Shelf Aquatics

FS Coral for charity $10 per frag

nanoreefnate

craig said he would ship the corals personally if nate never contacted him to arrange a time to pick up the corals to ship them out but nate called him and picked them up but never said anything on here.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe more of us should contact the charity.....

I suspect nate is just freaked out and doesn't know what to do... too bad some of us gave him a pretty penny - not $10 - and are left out to dry.

i contacted the charity (lastnight about 8pm PST) and haven't heard anything in return as of yet.

MichaelCollins@bestbuddies.org

Also, if you noticed, his goal for donations went from 2850 to 1550...overnight. we were swindled.

*edited*, i apparently had the incorrect email address posted. the donations manager is not in charge of the donations?

I have had a major tank crash this last weekend, where I lost the majority of my acropora. I'm still not 100% sure of what caused this, however, my tank may have been effected by a poison that my neighbor sprayed at the end of last week. I had given Nate my coral for the auction, except for one piece that I forgot to give him. I tried to retrieve the coral and just ship it myself, however Nate wasn't around, and at the time, I was trying to save all my corals. Personally, I have already refunded the shipping cost, that I was paid. Unfortunately, Nate told me he lost those corals I gave him, and even though I really wish I could replace those pieces, I lost among most of my acros, my colony of Pink Lemonade, the aussie acro, and Ice Fire Enchinata. The only coral that survived are the two zoa/paly pieces and the toadstool. Nate has the two zoa/paly pieces, and I still have the toadstool. I have talked to the winner of the toadstool, and Nate is supposed to refund his money, since he lost the corals in his tank. According to Nate, he was going to ship out on Monday, I talked to him on Sunday.

Again, I really wish I could replace those pieces, but I have lost around 90% of my acros and 25% of my Montiporas. Even my large Undata colony was lost on Sunday.

For anyone who has doubts, here is a pic of the devistation, excuse the poor pic, since I was not in the mood to make the greatest shot.

IMG_9445.jpg

If anyone knows what would cause a coral to turn black, let me know, this was the first piece effected, a 4" mini colony of pink sandollar montipora, which turned black.

IMG_9449.jpg

fishez4alivin, I hold no ill will towords you, you have been my contact and have done every thing that you said you were going to.

Thank you for your help.

My pations have run out with Nate and I am contacting buddies to get my $135 back they are a good cause but that is not the place I chouse to give to without the corals.

My adopted daugher is spechel needs and I give to organations that suport her need instead.

If like Nate, buddies won't contact me eather or won't just give me my money back, I will try to get it back throw Pay-Pal buddies just can't ignore them.

Thanks Glen

I just got a reply to my email. Please, if you can, contact him just to let him know you were effected as well. As far as getting money back, I don't want mine but others may, that's up to you.

"Daniel,

I just learned about this…The participant came and participated in the event this past weekend…I was unaware he was trading donations for coral…or anything else for that matter. I am going to ask the participant to make this right. If you could be so kind as to give me 24 hours to try and figure out what is going on, it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michael Collins

Director, Audi Best Buddies Challenge"

I just got a reply to my email. Please, if you can, contact him just to let him know you were effected as well. As far as getting money back, I don't want mine but others may, that's up to you.

I disagree, I think we should all expect our money back and it should come out of Nate's pocket!

The little SH!T!

Archived