How do I get copepods?

Donjuan420

TheCurriculum

How long is a while?

What are your tank stats?

Are you done with your cycle?

etc.. etc..

Once you have that posted I'm sure a bunch of people here can help

I have a new minbow 7 and it has only been going for about 3 weeks now, and I have many copepods. I can hardly see them but once you get used to looking for things like that you see a bunch more running around. Just started seeing feather dusters, and...what I think to be aptasia.

Ok It was a set up tank when I got it. I have had it for about 8 months. The stats? I have a 55 gallon tank um 8.3 ph too high nitrits ok nitrats, .5 amonia. salt at 1.21. I have coral on my live rock. 5 fish just got ick from a beauty coral I bought so I am restarting the cycle. Does this help?

If you don't have them now after 8 months you won't unless you purchase some living cultures. You can get some established sand out of a tank that you know has pods (LFS, friend, marine club) this will take a while, or you can purchase several varieties on the web, http://www.inlandaquatics.com/ has a couple of pod kits, as well as a dozen other sites.

Just read your last post, your ammonia should be zero, your SG should be 1.024-1.025 and you should have no nitrites. If your readings are correct, you got a big old tank of death. Hope that's not the case.

if he has HIGH NITRITES it sound slike he's over feeding, not doing water changes or not enuf water changes deffanitly a tank wating to CRASH BIG TIME!!!!! i would start with several small water changes over the week or two and invest in a refugium and get some macro algea to help with your nitrates thats why you dont have any pods they cant make it in that enviroment

try lookin in the tank at night with a flash light. The very few amphipods that my scooter blenny hasnt eaten come out at night and are very very cautious probably why they've lived so long.

Archived