inTank Media Baskets

Tankmates for a Six Line

moose12

Hi all,

I currently have a Six Line Wrasse in my 20H. The fish is doing great, but I think because there aren't any other fish it's a little shy. I've already decided on a getting either a bi-color or sailfin blenny for the bottom, but what about another swimmer? I know clowns will work, but I'm looking for more of a unique active swimmer to help bring the six-line out more. A Royal Gramma or a Helfrichi Firefish are on my list as possibles. What about some of the other members of the Cardinal family, not Bangaii or Pajama, but either the Flame or the Orange Lined? Anybody have any experience with this fish? Also I've read that the Six-line can be aggressive towards other wrasse does this include Fairy and Flasher species too? Thanks for the help.

~Chris

I've kept 6-lines with gobies, blennies, cardinals, triggers, damsels, tangs, and angels. No problems at all.....I wouldn't mix wrasses together...especially in small tanks. They can get quite territorial and aggressive with eachother.

Cameron

Thanks for the quick response! What about a juvenile Anthia? I'm planning on upgrading tanks again to a 40G. Oh and one more thing not to get off the main topic, but have you kept any Flame or Orange-Striped Cardinals? They seem like an interesting addition.

Chris

Archived