ReefCleaners.org

New life in 25g reef

Grzzly35fragman

Grzzly35fragman

Hello I have a few questions if some 1 might be willing to help me.

i bought a new live rock today i believe it to be a piece of tonga branch.

on it was a baby starfish God only knows where he has disappeared to . also what looked to be another type of starfish (brown in color with a few bumps ) moved rather fast .

also a white critter that i have no idea what it is. but looke like it had a bunch of feather dusters on it . but i do know it is a type of worm please help identify this monster of the deep .

Also in the new 25g ihave fond 18 new feather dusters ./

and lost 1 curly cue anomy help please .

???

i take it the tank is just starting up...i would first make sure it is a curly cue anemone and not a pest anemone.....the star , well u are just going to hope for the best.....gl wit the tank.....

that is the fun part of the hobby, discovering things on your LR that you have never seen before...

I have a hitch hiker anemone (i think) that yet no one has been able to ID for me...sorry i don't have a pic but it rarely opens ..it opens when the light are dimmer ...ok..let me describe it and maybe someone here can help me..Lizbeth have seen it..but it wasn't open then...

Its body is DARK BURGENDY RED..i mean dark...and its tenticles are bight Burgendy red...it is an awsome anemone..it moves around rather fast..but it has seem to be happy at the place he is now at..in a hole on my LR. the Tenticles are short and pointy...and when i say its bright burgendy red..i am BRIGHT! just imaging the Royal Gramas purple color...and imaging it being burgendy and almost red...i will try to take some pictures...

I am still discovering thins in my tank.

I see at least one new creature in my tank even now.

It is indeed one of the most fun parts of keeping a reef. The initial start period is full of nice surprises.

I suggest reading site below.

http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/

Its got loads of interesting info, and will help you to indetify a lot of the hitchiker critters on your live rock.

Good luck.

Archived