inTank Media Baskets

Red Scooter Blenny!

jay2k2

i recetly bought one of these. My tanks has been up for about 4 months now and i was wondering is .5" of crushed corals Substrate and 30 lbs of live rock was adiquate for food?!

It would have been better if you checked before you bought it. But anyways, it might do ok, try to get it to eat prepared foods. If it does, you're home free. If you don't have a refugium, get one, of make some "pod piles", piles of rubble that the fish cannot get into, to act as a refuge for the pods, "in tank" so to speak. HTH

Actually, he can probably do ok. The crush coral helps out a bit too since its like a pod pile all over the bottom of the tank. Good luck. And don't be so mean jay2k2.;) I wanted to make sure about the whole ballast running the 26w bulbs.

yeah my cousin said that i could get one but if not. theni will just move it to his tank. and what do i need to keep this thing alive?

it should be ok in your 25 gallon tank...i have 2 in my 40 gallon tank and they are sooooo fun to watch! but again, i have 50 lbs of LR and 40 lbs of LS plus an external refugium...

I see them occassionally pick on the brine shrimp when i feed the fish...and also some formula one stuffs...but i guess they still live on pods and other organisms that is naturally reproduced.

Archived