ReefCleaners.org

Reef Cleaners Awesome

jestep

I went and bought one of the reef cleaners packages for a nano tank about a week ago. After seeing the prices at local fish stores, I decided to try what they have for snails. I always try to stay local, but the price for cleanup crews was such a difference, even including shipping that I though I would give them a try.

So, I ordered a 20 gallon cleanup crew for my 28g nano. Their site stated the 20g was a strong crew for a 30 gallon, which sounded suitable enough for me. $19 including shipping was certainly worth the risk for:

20 Dwarf Ceriths, 7 Nassarius, 8 Florida Ceriths,5 Nerites.

That old saying of under promise over deliver just didn't apply. I got significant extras of every snail, like 50% to double, and then we get to the dwarf ceriths. I'm not an expert on snail quantities but I tried to count them. My 20 dwarf ceriths was more like 200! I'm not sure on the exact number so I'm estimating, but I lost count at about 150, and I wasn't even close to finished. There were a few casualties from shipping, but I mean literally a few.

Anyway, I have to give reef cleaners the highest recommendation possible. My package got to me in 2 days, I received grossly more that I was possibly expecting, and saved a lot over local shops, and I have some good ones. I traded several emails with one of the owners, and I am extremely satisfied with what I received and the fact that a human is actually caring about their product. I haven't had much experience with online saltwater dealers but have a lot with freshwater, and this company is as good as any I've ever seen.

Here's a quick snapshot of what "20" ceriths look like in a nano tank (note this is about 10 - 15% of the entire bottom of the tank, and about 1/2 the snails).

IMG_1994_1024.jpg

NicholasTraina@yahoo.com

That's pretty sick... As soon as my tank is up and running I'm gonna have to check out this elusive "John" and his website.

• 2 weeks later...
danthenewreefman
That's pretty sick... As soon as my tank is up and running I'm gonna have to check out this elusive "John" and his website.

you better! you're giving money away not to contact him!

I just received my order 10 mins ago. WOW! I had the same thing! I ordered 15 dwarf ceriths, and they gave me 50+. Just by the way, if you order the large Nerite snails, be prepard for the size. They are huge! The size of a standerd lawn snail. But great prices and a great product. Great product John!

danthenewreefman

their nerite snails i got from them are laying EGGS EVERYWHERE!!!

less than 48hrs in tank, and at least 50 eggs (that I can see)

Ditto on everything. I bought the 40 gallon pack (or maybe 30?) and received ALOT more snails than I expected. The Nerite snails are huge! and mine are laying eggs too. I would Highly recommend Reefcleaners for CUC and Macros :)

my order came in yesterday and i got a s!@t load more ceriths than i ordered!!!!!!! Nerites are MONSTERS!!! I WILL be ordering from them again! Also ordered a fuzzy chiton and he is Awesome...scary looking, but awesome!

Thanks! Those are Antillean Nerites, we get a few different species in Florida and they tend to live close to each other and mix but I am pretty sure you would have received only Antillean. (As opposed to Tesselated Nerites ) Very hardy species, you should do well with them. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Archived