Pod Your Reef

white spot on bicolor blenny head

gookster

Not sure what it is, is it there all of the time or just some times, has it always been there?

I have a bicolor blennie and he appears to be able to morph colors to blend into his souroundings. Like when he is sitting in his cave with just his head out, it looks like it has some white/gray patches on it, but when he is out and about I do not see them.

C. Jerome

mine develops white spots all the time, i think it might be mood related.

what do you feed yours? mine is such an omnivore, he eats anything and everything, including montipora digita

yea my blenny changes colors too especially when hes just chillin somewhere he'll develop white stripes on this body and white around the face. but this time, the white patch ont eh top of his head is not going away, his breathing is harder and it looks like instead of being astute that hes almost lying his face on rock hes on. im going to do a small water change and hopfully things will improve

Could it be some type of fungus? I know my cichlids have had that, and it looks like white stuff on them. Do you have a basic SW fish book, they usually have section in the back with common disease identification photos. Or do a google search for them. I looked over at RC for some posts about it, I did not find any exact matches but three related ones, see below, and look around RC somemore, or post in their fish deseise forum

C. Jerome

Medication Use?

One about fungus, uses the name of some med.

And one more

i think it maybe be some sort of infection. the white spot now seems to be bloated and peeling off, like a popped blister almost. there are also many smaller white dots around his face that i dont think is ich but maybe smaller patches of whatever it has. thanks to everyone who has responded, but i still have no idea what to do. my only idea now is the add garlic extract to the food im feeding.

Archived