Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nitrates

RussianBoy

here is the deal, my biocube 29 was esabished by someone else for over a year then moved when I bought it, everyone said replace the sand, but the company that took care of the tank for the women said no it's fine, now I am worried that this damn filthy sand that kept getting stirred up from too big a circulation pump (my bad) is causing my nitrates to be high, now I also realize I don't know if he ever even vacuumed it out, click on my link you can see what I am running any advice?

Keep doing water changes and if that doesn't fix it, look into removing the false floor in the middle chamber and turn it into a fuge with some cheato. That should reduce your nitrates. Also, make sure you're not over-feeding.

Keep doing water changes and if that doesn't fix it, look into removing the false floor in the middle chamber and turn it into a fuge with some cheato. That should reduce your nitrates. Also, make sure you're not over-feeding.

Only have one clown and it's a baby so only feed a little mysis shrimp. I have the back modded already and have cheato sitting in the tank now while waiting for my order from InTank to come with the underwater lights to run the cheato in the back.

Archived