Innovative Marine Aquariums

RO/DI Booster Pump Question

AbSoluTc

I don't know if anyone is familiar with these things, but they boost the pressure of your system so you can get the GPD that your ro/di system is rated for. My question is, what are the differences between these two pumps besides the obvious, will the cheaper one work with my system?

I don't have alot of money to spend and I don't make that much water to spend 118 bux on a pump. So, I am hoping somone can confirm the 30 dollar one will work on getting my pressure up. Pressure at my home on my system is 40 PSI. It never changes. I am aiming to doulbe that or get from 80/110 if possible. Can I?

Thanks for helping me out if you can. Here are the links..

Aquatic Reef Systems Booster Pump

Ebay Booster Pump

Thanks. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

hey Abs,

I have one of the CDP 8800's and it made a huge diff on my 100gpd system. used to be in an apartment with crap water pressure where it took over an hour to make 1 gallon of good water, anyway, the pump cut that way down.

That ebay pump looks like the real deal to me, don't forget to buy the 24v transformer for it..

I noticed it has 1/4" connections, the 8800 has 3/8" connections FWIW, also the 8800 has a pressure adjust screw on the front and it looks like this one is fixed. not that I have ever adjusted the screw on my 8800..

HTH,

-skeletor-

I had a booster pump on my 100gal system I got from AquaSafe. I paid $60 and it delivered a constant 80psi. It was great, but they do not have a cutoff switch. You must hook them up to a switch or up plug it. One night I forgot to up plug it and next day it was burned out. I haven't replaced it, but if I do I will install a time that I saw from Home Depot that you turn the dial to one hour and it goes off. That way you wont burn it out.

I looked at both of the pumps and its hard to say that the cheaper one will hold up.

It makes a humming sound. You can hear it, but not too bad. The waste water makes more sound that the pump, because you are pumping higer that your existing 40psi.

• 1 year later...

Archived