Cultivated Reef

65 gal Rimless Shallow 6 foot Build

autopro

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really nice setup. I like the built in cabinet and can't wait to see your friends work with the Arduino LED controller.

• 1 month later...
This tank has infinite potential! :happydance:

It's so hard to decide what corals to put in the tank, slowly but surely! Thanks Aquanist B)

Really nice setup. I like the built in cabinet and can't wait to see your friends work with the Arduino LED controller.

The Arduino should be done pretty soon, we had to order a couple of more pieces to make it work.

Sorry for not keeping up with my updates but here we go with some pictures.

I was a bit worried about having two different cleaners but these guys took to each other right away and now they hang out together all the time.

IMG_3952.jpg

I love watching this guy, he is my favorite fish!

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3947.jpg

I got this urchin about 3 weeks ago and it’s a great cleaner, he’s a great attention getter also.

IMG_3939.jpg

This is my little Tail Spot Blenny, a lot of fun to watch, he stays in a little hole next to the Tri Color Valida

IMG_3936.jpg

Here is how my sump looks right now. I still have not hooked up my carbon and GFO Reactors. I have not had any real problems with algae so I have not seen a need to put them on line yet.

IMG_3935.jpg

To the left of the stand I have a compartment where my dosing pumps are located along with my water top-off. These pumps have been working really well and I like them a lot.

IMG_3934.jpg

I also did some work to the wall on the other side. I had just finished placing the Cantera on the wall and wiping it down, that’s why it still looks wet up on the top. This view is what you see as soon as you walk in through the front door.

IMG_3933.jpg

And lastly a FTS

IMG_3953.jpg

I love longspined urchins, but I fear my 25 is just to small for one. Have you thought about getting any cardinals to host it's spines? Also how do you like that doser? I saw them on eBay and thought they looked awesome for the price, but was a little leery for the same reason. Got any clues as to what's going on your arduino? An LCD I'm hoping, though I've found the screens to take up a lot of real estate pin wise. I've been toying with an arduino on my pico recently and can't wait to see what you've come up with.

I love longspined urchins, but I fear my 25 is just to small for one. Have you thought about getting any cardinals to host it's spines? Also how do you like that doser? I saw them on eBay and thought they looked awesome for the price, but was a little leery for the same reason. Got any clues as to what's going on your arduino? An LCD I'm hoping, though I've found the screens to take up a lot of real estate pin wise. I've been toying with an arduino on my pico recently and can't wait to see what you've come up with.

The urchin gets a lot of attention from everyone, it's so cool looking! B) I can see that it would be too big for your 25; my tank feels smalls to me for the urchin sometimes. I didn't know that cardinals would host it, do you know which one? I need to check that out.

The doser once I set it up has worked great, haven't had to touch it since. I check it about one a month now just to make sure it's still dosing the proper amounts, and it has.

My friend is adding an LCD screen to the Arduino, he told me yesterday that it was finished; now we just need to set up a time for him to come over to my house and help me hook it up. I’ll post some pictures of that when it’s done.

Your controller sounds awesome, was it the same guy who built you those drivers? As for the cardinals I've heard that banggai young like to host urchins, but I'm not sure about the adults.

reefer-madness111

Just wanted to say that I love this tank and hope to one day build a similar setup !

If you dont mind me asking, on page 1 of this thread, the 5th and 6th picture down from the top you can see the silicone seam quite well. Would you mind measuring how thick it is in between the two panes ? Thank you.

great tank. If i missed it somewhere, Where did you get your LED's?

also where did you get that built in tijuana? My wife goes there on occasion, maybe someday I will get one made..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived