Coral Vue Hydros

Got a present

UofAHog

Saturady was my birthday and my girlfriend wins the prize of getting me the best present.  I told her a 20H jokingly when she asked for present ideas.  She went and got me 28 bowfront instead!  The tank looks awsome even when it is empty.  The bad part is now I have till august till I can start setting up my first nano.  I will just keep on reading up till I can start the fun.

-Matt

Happy Birthday! What a nice present!

If I was going to go out and buy a tank it would be either a 28 or 42 bowfront. I love those tanks!

welcome to the hobby.. dont be a retard.

do lots of research and read. then decide what to do.

Id suggest getting 25 or so # of Gulf liverock from www.liverocks.com and let the tank cycle while it is empty. Later on add your live sand and good lighting in a month or 2 later. read lots of post and well be her for ya.

search for posts on starting a new tank on this forum or any other forums since those will contain all the info/opinion you would need. if you are still confused or need help on something, the feel free to ask. if i were you, start planning on things such as the lighting and what you will be putting in. prepare a list of equipments you want to get and will need to get. hahaha i have all the equipment i need for my 29 gal except for a CPR Bak-Pak 2R (which i m in the process of getting) and making a DIY canopy for it. cant start because i cant move into the new apartment until Aug. mad $hitty if you ask me.

Guest AbSoluTc

Ok, Dave is now the official resident grouch on NR!

28 is a Super nano.  So don't listen to anything different.  I got the same tank and I LOVE IT!  Mine has a built in overflow/fuge :)  If you want pics give me a holla!

PEACE! I need another dirnk.

dont worry i got my bow front in april for my birthday but i cant set it up untill december cuz were moving lol i gottta wait a while too they are nice tanks tho i got mine from petsmart its a top fin brand tank  but anyway good luck with it,Chris:)

Hey I got a 24G tank, I still say its a NANO-REEF :)

Great present.  Good luck with the future reef tank.

Read all you can here.  Get involved with the various threads, ask lots of questions, read up on the info section.

Result should be an excellent reef tank! :)

I am eyeing up the 28 bowfront for my next tank, and what a great gift.

BTW, relatively speaking, any size reef tank we put in our homes could be considered a nano tank. After all, what is 28 gallons compared to 190,000,000,000,000,000,000 gallons? :)

What a nice birthday present, and I'll wish you a belated Happy Birthday too!!!!

I have always admired the bowfronts, very cool looking tanks. One of these days, I'll get one myself!!

Anyway, have fun with it! Oh yeah, and read, read, read before you get started.....

my 40 gallon is a nano-reef...and my 7 too... LOL

you can call your reef anything...keep us updated...

the only problem is, this site is dedicated to 20 gallons or less... :( .. but im sure chris wont mind..

hey i have a bow front too! only........ it's a little smaller.(7 gallon). bow fronts are really nice to look at, especially when full of corals!

You guys don't need to worry about me reading up.  I have been lurking here and RC for about a year now.  I already have all the equipment picked out and have a rough idea of the inhabitants I will keep.  Now I am just waiting on my backpay from the Navy to buy all the equipment.

printerdown01

Sounds great! That is a pretty awesome gift!! If you have the $ for a heater, LR, and LS now, you can certainly cycle the tank while you wait for more money to buy lights, test kits, and inhabitants (but I know as well as anyone around here that LR is expensive, LOL!). -By the way Happy Belated Birthday! :birthday:

(Edited by printerdown01 at 5:12 pm on June 25, 2002)

Archived