Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chaeto in the display tank

dla

chucktdbm321

Pro- Pods that eat your chaeto don't have to be flushed through piping or filters to be eaten by your fish and coral.

Cons- Unsightly for most people, Takes up room, Little pieces break apart and can clog powerheads, skimmers, etc.

I have mine in tank. But its in a soap dish container that is suction cupped right underneath the spill of my aquaclear. This way it receives good flow and is out of the way of everything

Pro- Pods that eat your chaeto don't have to be flushed through piping or filters to be eaten by your fish and coral.

Cons- Unsightly for most people, Takes up room, Little pieces break apart and can clog powerheads, skimmers, etc.

I have mine in tank. But its in a soap dish container that is suction cupped right underneath the spill of my aquaclear. This way it receives good flow and is out of the way of everything

if I was to put some in my small tank for pods for my coarl with no fish can I have too many pods?

I keep some tucked away in the corner of my display tank. My brittle star likes to hide underneath it. I have the course kind, so it does not break apart easily.

pros - does what cheato does

cons - looks like pubic hair.

I know what it does somewhat, I was just wondering about the pods.

Well, thanks for the replys, I guess I'll just try to get some and put it in the tank and see what happens.

Wasn't there a guy a while back making pod houses out of pyrex?

They were pretty cool looking if I recall correctly.

• 4 months later...
I thoight that if you didnt keep chaeto lit it would go sexual and take over your tank?

No, that's not true for chaeto. You're thinking of caulerpa. Besides, chaeto doesn't really attach to anything.

I keep a big ball of it in my display. My clownfish loves to pull it around the tank and its pretty much his favorite toy ever. Also my girlfriend likes the look of it in the display.

Archived