ReefCleaners.org

baby shrimp maybe??????

Mmorse

when I took the flashlight out tonight to check my trumpet coral I noticed that there were hundreds of these little tiny things floating around in the tank. When I looked closer they appeared to be tiny shrimp. They had two little black dots that appeared to be eyes that sat on top of a red body of some sort that drifted off into a clear tail. I cant take any pictures of them because they would just look like they were little tiny specs of sand, if they even showed up at all. They float around and every now and then dart a short distance. I used to have cleaner shrimp but it dissapeared about 6 months ago and when I tore the tank down it was nowhere to be found. What do you think they are and where did they come from. The tank has been set up for about a year now. Any thoughts or advice would help me out. not sure what to do about it the clown seems to be having a fedding frenzy:|

I hav a pair of shrimp and they both had eggs a couple of weeks ago, they match your description but i dont think they had any colour on them. My fish ate them all so i couldnt save any, do you think that they might be copepods? and does anyone know how i can keep the baby shrimps without the fish eating them?

Archived