ReefCleaners.org

Baby Banggais

bgrimm2day

I thought I'd share some pics of my banggai's. I bought an adult pair about 3 or 4 months ago with the goal of breeding them. I thought I had 6 month to a year before they matured because they were kinda small but after a few weeks of owning the they spawned and made a bunch of babies. I was able to net the male and capture the fry. I have around 21 from the first batch. A week after that they spawned again and 25 days later I have about 25 more.

Enjoy the pics.

First batch hanging out in my fuge. A little over a month old

bangaiis8-4013.jpg

Second batch a few hours after catching them.

bangaiis8-5-10007.jpg

bangaiis8-5-10008.jpg

Congratulations! I like the zip tie urchin.

I was going to say the same thing. I could never get my male to hold the eggs. Would always eat them on me. I definately am going to get another pair for my other tank so I can try with them again

Congratulations! I like the zip tie urchin.

When I caught the first patch it was at 11 at night. The only place open was walgreens and those colors were all they had. The babies are using it so I guess that is all that matters.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have had our pair for about 4 months now and I am still hoping they breed, but I am really not sure if they are fully mature yet, I love the zip tie urchin that is totally genius .

Yesterday my pair spawned. I too thought it wouldn't happen so soon. Bought each fish at different stores and the female is still kinda small as is the male. So you just put the babies in a floating breeder box in the main tank? When do you switch them to a bigger tank? How did you collect the babies?

Archived