inTank Media Baskets

Water clarity

Siren's eye

How can I make it better? I did a 2 gallon water change, and tried adding a bunch of filter floss to my AC70, and there's still a haze to the water. Everything inside seems healthy. Any suggestions?

Carbon helps to give it a good polish.

I did have this issue once how ever when carbon wasn't enough. I used Chempure and it cleared up over night. I donno what was in it that made the difference but something did.

Those would be my next 2 moves.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working with the same problem...

I have a 29 gallon glass aquarium, I've just come over having a clarity problem. After about a 50% water change I was using a UV sterilizer and cut down on lighting, I was just using actinics for about 3 days. The tank cleared up remarkably so I took the UV out. But the cloudiness seems to be coming back slowly, noticing it just today. So I'm not sure if it the reduction in lighting or the UV sterilizer that made the initial difference.

Tank Params:

temp: ~79*F

sg: 1.026

nitrite: 0ppm,

ammonia: 0ppm

nitrate: 0ppm

pH: 8.4

Calcium: 380-400ppm

Phosphate: ~1.0ppm

dKH: 9-10

I do water changes every other week usually 4 gallons. I use Nutri-SeaWater for water changes. Distilled water for top-offs. Run carbon in my skimmer but have not seen a huge change. I feed once daily. Anything you guys could recommend? I would prefer not to have the UV in the tank permanently.

Archived