Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brightwell Reef Code A&B Questions

redbeanss

I have a BC 14 and I purchased some reef code a&b a few days ago. I did not know that Brightwell makes a Nano A&B additive at the time. In retrospect I think I should have bought the Nano A&B. Anyway, I was wondering if there is any difference in the two products? Do any of you guys have any experience with Brightwell products?

Also I use a Salifert Ca test kit. Anyone else use this kit? Is there a better test kit?

well the difference will be the concentration of the prouducts. It a good prouduct you just need to be carefull adding it. with the nano it's alot less concintrated so less chance to do a overdose and get the ionic ballance out of wack. but just follow the dir. and go a little less than it says and use your test kits to you have it down..Or if you know somebody with a bigger tank that needs 2 part sell them your for the price of the cheaper nano 2-part you will lose money but break even with 2-part for 2-part.Good luck and follow the dir, and you will be fine..

The directions say that in some cases you might add more of one than the other. My alkalinity is very high right now so for my second dose I added the recommended dose of A and no B. I assume you only add the B when the A begins to lower your alkalinity right?

Archived